Happy Lucky Soul Food Friday!
If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, here is to creating your OWN luck and inner climate this week, even if its freezing, or raining cats and dogs:
- Carlsbad Love It! “Working Together to Build & Sustain Healthy Neighborhoods”
- 11 Thoughts About Teamwork: Team work Makes the Dream Work
- Kids Collaborate at the US/Mexican Border: Blurred Lines…
- Frozen Waves in Nantucket!
- Ingenious Ideas: No One of Us is as Smart as All of Us
- Why Optimism Matters: Don’t just See the Bright Side, Experience the Bright Side
- Happy Pictures: Stay Happy!
Carlsbad Love It! “Working Together to Build & Sustain Healthy Neighborhoods”
If you are local join us at this event, where I am honored to be speaking as we build healthy communities together…
11 Thoughts About Teamwork: Team work does makes the Dream Work
- Teams rise and fall on culture, leadership, relationships, attitude and effort. Great teams have a great culture driven by great leadership. Relationships are meaningful and teammates are connected. The collective attitude is very positive and everyone on the team works hard to accomplish their mission.
- It’s all about teamwork. Sometimes you are the star and sometimes you help the star.
- If want to be truly great you have to work as hard to be a great teammate as you do to be a great player. I tell this to athletes all the time but the same is true for any profession. When we work hard to be a great team member we make everyone around us better.
- Your team doesn’t care if you are a superstar. They care if you are a super team member.
- Three things you control every day are your attitude, your effort and your actions to be a great teammate. It doesn’t matter what is happening around you and who you think is being unfair. Every day you can focus on being positive, working hard and making others around you better. If you do that great things will happen.
- One person can’t make a team but one person can break a team. Stay positive! Make sure you don’t let energy vampires sabotage your team. Post a sign that says “No Energy Vampires” allowed and keep them off the bus. Most importantly, decide to stay positive.
- Great team members hold each other accountable to the high standards and excellence their culture expects and demands.
- Team beats talent when talent isn’t a team.
- Great teams care more. They care more about their effort, their work and their team members.
- We > me Unity is the difference between a great team and an average team. United teams are connected and committed to each other. They are selfless instead of selfish. They put the team first and know together we accomplish more.
- You and your team face a fork in the road each day. You can settle for average and choose the path of mediocrity or you can take the road less traveled and chase greatness. It’s a choice you make each day. Which path will your team take?
Kids Collaborate at the US/Mexican Border:
Frozen Waves in Nantucket!
InGenious Ideas: No One of Us is as Smart as All of Us
Here’s a bunch of ingenious ideas.- some of them so simple one wonders why they seem ingenious.
Why Optimism Matters: Don’t just See the Bright Side, Experience the Bright Side
WHAT IF…optimists not only see the brighter side, but also experience the brighter side?
RESEARCH SAYS: Strong evidence suggests that optimists may…
- Have healthier hearts
- Have better cholesterol
- Handle stress smoothly
- Have stronger immunity
- Have lower stroke risk
- Regulate emotions better
- Live longer Now that’s something to be optimistic about!TRY THIS: Each morning this week before you get out of bed ask yourself, “What’s an opportunity I can act on today?”Happy Pictures: Stay Happy!
Some repeats but all worth the treat…
Thanks this week go to neighborhoods that care about community engagement like Carlsbad, Larry H, Glenda O, Anne S, Will M & You for creating your own luck and climate with a healthy dose of Soul Food!
Pay it forward…
“Always desire to learn something useful.” Sophocles