Happy Soul Food Friday
Let’s Explore those Grand Ultimate Limits!
- 4 Questions to Test your Smarts (no pressure)
- Stand in Awe as One Person Transforms Her “Vulner-Abilities” into Sheer Magic
- Had an Extreme Day? Try this One!
- Value Extreme Leadership? Steve Farber is a Master o Getting your Core Values Seen not Just Heard- This is Extremely Cool!
- An “Open Way” Like a Growth Mindset can be that Difference that Makes a Difference
- Extreme Genius in Theater, Film, and beyond: Pushing Boundaries with a Muse called Innovation
- An Extreme Hug and its Neuro-Biological Effects: o Trust, Morality and Oxytocin
- Extremely Zany Non-Smart Do-It-Yourself Work
Let’s Start with that Brain Teaser to test the limits of your Smarts 🙂
IF YOU ANSWER ALL FOUR, YOU ARE PURPORTLY A GENIUS (OR AT LEAST A GOOD LATERAL THINKER)
* 1. The last person took the basket with the egg in it.
* 2. All the other card players were women.
* 3. Pour the juice from the second glass into the fifth.
* 4. The recluse lived in a lighthouse.
PASS THIS ON TO FRUSTRATE THE SMART PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE
If I can can, YOU can can…
Maysoon Zayid is a comedian who happens to have cerebral palsy. She advocates for the disabled and founded Maysoon’s Kids (which addresses the needs of disabled children in Palestine). Maysoon is inspirational and proves that stereotypes are meant to be broken.
Her extreme courage and vulnerability will touch your soul at: http://www.ted.com/talks/maysoon_zayid_i_got_99_problems_palsy_is_just_one
If You Think Your Day is/was Extreme, Check out this One…
There are many flavors of Extreme and No One Models Extreme Leadership better than Steve Farber!
Getting your Core Values Seen not Just Heard- This is Extremely Cool!
BTW, Steve is a bestselling author, terrific speaker, downright nice guy and will be at the American Marketing Association Cause Conference I am co-chairing, May 27th and 28th in San Diego along with 40+ other leaders, speakers, and change agents as we deliver on the theme of “Transformation through Collaboration”. We will close registration at 300 to keep it a rich and intimate experience. For more info and to register visit: http://sdama.org/events/cause-conference-2014/
Present Moment Mindfulness/Self Awareness x Radical Collaboration predicated on Collective Intelligence can = Transformational Outcomes for Previously Intractable Social Issues
An Open Way Like a Growth Mindset can be the Difference that Makes a Difference…
“Ditching the Plan and Embracing Imperfection”
There is no easy way to summarize the contribution Quebec-born Robert Lepagehas made to the arts, and no single art to tie him to either. He is not only considered a genius in the field of theatre, but also a creative force in film, opera and Quebec’s signature Cirque du Soleil shows. The actor and director has earned a reputation for pushing boundaries and conjuring up complex visual effects. His one constant muse appears to be innovation itself.
- A thirst to innovate, an appreciation for the Renaissance, Shakespeare and Moliere
- Unafraid of chaos in the creative process and humble enough to say I don’t know everything…
- The real promise of real theatre – a community meeting a community. Bad theater is when what happens onstage never makes it into the room- i.e. Never really connecting with the audience
“It always arrives where it belongs in the end”
The 6 second Hug:
Trust, Morality and Oxytocin
Last but not least some Zany Humor…
How to Change the Brake Pads in Your Car- some extreme do it yourself work…
Thanks this week go to Larry H, Heather J, Steve F, BH K, Sonia R and those who push the extreme limits of humanity everywhere!
Follow your Muse & Pay it forward…
“Do what you LOVE
Serving those who
Love what YOU do”