Happy Soul Food Friday!
This week: BeNevilleNce
Locals-Ready to Classic Jam Tonight?
Drivin The Bus is at The Kraken in Cardiff this Friday at 9pm
Here is a sampler from when we were featured on KUSI TV recently:
Enjoy kicking it to Clapton?
Next Gig Saturday Dec 17th with Strange Crew at Duck Foot Brewing Company, 8920 Kenamar Dr. from 7 to 10pm
Good vibrations coming your way and yes I will be sitting in on percussion for both…
Pure Fun and Frivolity-
Sharing is Caring!
Check these two lovey kitties out…
Need to Get the Rage Out?
Check out this ambidextrous prize fighter with lightning paws and Bruce Lee speed!
And You Think You Go Nuts Watching Your Favorite Team:
Elton Might Have Just Concluded His Tour
Here comes the next virtuoso
A Bit More Heady Stuff-
|5 WAYS TO STAY POSITIVE WHEN OTHERS AREN’T:|
| What do I do when others around me, like my boss or coworkers, aren’t positive?” |
No matter how positive we may choose to be, we’re always going to encounter others who aren’t. Thankfully there are things that we can do to help overcome their negativity or redirect it in a way that helps them become more positive as well. Here are few suggestions…
1. Make Your Bus Great – You may not be the leader of your organization. You may not be driving the “big bus,” but you can decide to make YOUR bus great. Every day just focus on being the best you can be and bring out the best in others while tuning out everything else. Tune out the negativity. Tune out the damaging comments. Tune out anything you can’t control. You can’t drive anyone else’s bus. Just drive your bus and make it a great ride.
2. Your Positive Energy Must Be Greater than All of the Negativity – In the book Power vs Force, author David Hawkins, MD shares research that 80 percent of the population vibrates to a negative frequency. The fact is negativity is all around us. It’s not just your coworker or boss. It’s everywhere. You must remember that your positive energy must be greater than all the negativity. As country wisdom suggests, “Never wrestle with a pig because you’ll both get dirty, and the pig likes it.” Instead, stay above the fray. Positive energy is much more powerful than negative energy. If you stay positive, the negativity can’t touch you.
3. Be The Seed – When you plant yourself where you are, with a desire to serve and make a difference, you will create very positive conditions for your growth. You’ll be amazed at how others start treating you more positively when you approach your work with a service mindset. They will sense something different in you and they will change the way they behave towards you. I encourage you to read The Seed and let the growing process begin.
4. Invite Your Boss or Co-Workers on Your Bus – Give your boss or coworkers a book on positive leadership. It could be one of my books or a book from another author. There are many great books out there. I’ve received countless emails from leaders who received The Energy Bus, The Power of Positive Leadership and The Carpenter from their employees and it changed the way they lead. Best of all, this change in leadership spreads throughout the organization. So don’t think you can’t change your situation or organization. You can. I’m convinced that very few people want to be negative. Most people are negative because of stress, busyness, and fear. Most people just need a wake-up call to break out of their rut. This is your opportunity to help someone else break free. Decide to be a beacon of light that shines on others. You’ll be amazed at what happens as a result.
5. If They Don’t Change, You Can – If all else fails you have a choice. You can decide to stay positive and outlast your boss or coworkers knowing that truth shines through and eventually a negative boss or coworkers won’t last, or you can decide to change your job. I’m not advocating simply giving up but if all else fails, you always have a choice. Remember, the best cultures that focus on positive leadership attract the best employees. Whatever you do, however, don’t allow a negative boss or coworker to get you down. With 80 percent of the population being negative, we need positive powerful people like you to offset the negativity.
So keep staying positive!
The Growth Mindset Applied to Marriage:
No one will deny that marriage is hard. In fact, there’s evidence it’s getting even harder. Revisit a favorite episode from 2018 about the history of marriage and how it has evolved over time. Historian Stephanie Coontz and psychologist Eli Finkel explore ways we can improve our love lives — including by asking less of our partners.
Over Human History
Leaving A Mark
Only 32 signs across a 3,200-year timespan across an entire continent?
For millennia, humans have created artifacts of their lives — from art, to books, to music.
Explore ideas about capturing the ephemeral human experience for future generations to find.
Thanks this week go to Chris B and Larry H for your contributions!
Please pay it forward with purpose everyone
“Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Already Taken.”
– Oscar Wilde