“I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change.
I am changing the things I cannot accept.”
A Maverick Futurist’s Vision, Things You Wish You Knew When You Were Younger, Dealing with Naysayers, & Creating The LoveBiz Revolution
A MAVERICK FUTURIST’S VISION with John Renesch (5 minutes)
A gripping, powerful, timely, purposeful call to action for conscious leaders everywhere!
THINGS I WISH I KNEW WHEN I WAS YOUNGER by Simon Sinek: (20 minutes)
Gems to Live By
- Stay focused on the outcome not the obstacles.
- Perspective matters. One person’s stress is another person’s excitement.
- The highest performing team leaders are those that give to each other selflessly, especially under stress.
- Universally regarded great leaders listen first and speak later tom make sure others feel that they are heard.
- Serve those who serve others, and you will live a life of joy and fulfillment.
7 WAYS TO DEAL WITH NAYSAYERS with Jon G:
Anyone who has ever pursued a goal or dream, attempted to start a new business, worked on an innovative project, shared a new idea, strived to be a champion or tried to change the world has faced naysayers along the way.
Unfortunately, the world is filled with far too many unfinished projects, unrealized goals, broken dreams, half written books, untapped potential and wounded hearts pierced by the words of a naysayer.
I know this well because early on I asked a woman who worked in the speaking business to come see me speak. She told my friend I wasn’t very good, that I would never make it and should do something else. She was actually right about one thing. I wasn’t very good. But she didn’t share my vision for the future. She didn’t know how hard I would work to improve and grow. She couldn’t see the plan God had for me. The naysayer was focused on what I was, not what I was becoming. Thankfully I didn’t let the naysayer stop me and hopefully you won’t let naysayers stop you.
In this spirit I want to share 7 Ways to Deal with Naysayers to help you create your future.
- Ignore them – Simply ignore what they are saying. Tune them out. Of course, you want to receive feedback that will make you better but you want to ignore people and words that seek to derail you from your goal.
- Hear them and know their words have no power over you – This is what I did with the woman who said I would never make it. I heard the words but knew they had no power over me. The power inside you is much greater than the words of a naysayer.
- Remember Gandhi’s advice “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” – Knowing you have the power inside you to overcome the negativity in the world means you won’t let the opinion of others define you or your destiny.
- Remind yourself that history doesn’t remember the critic. History remembers the one who withstood criticism to accomplish something great. – In order to create something new, achieve your goal and change the world you will have to overcome negativity, adversity and naysayers. While the naysayer says words few will remember, you will leave a legacy many won’t forget. Critics write words but they don’t write the future. You do with your faith, belief and actions.
- Your faith and belief must be greater than all the negativity and doubt – You must expect criticism but have an even greater expectation that you will overcome it. Your positivity must be greater than all the negativity. It may sound cliché but you must stay positive each day as you work to improve and create your future.
- Don’t let anyone walk through your mind with their DIRTY TWEET – This is a great spin on the Gandhi quote because with social media you will have more fans and critics than ever. Don’t let praise go to your head or let critics in your head. Utilize tips 2-5 to overcome the naysayers who have access to you online that would never say anything to your face.
7. Decide to work harder and get better. – We can allow negative comments to weaken us or fuel us. I don’t believe in trying to prove people wrong. But I do believe in working hard to become the best you can be. So consider each negative comment as a nudge to work harder and get better. You can’t control what people say but you can control the actions you take to improve. Utilize both the praise and the criticism to get better.
If you are interested in The LoveBiz Revolution…
A Friendly Follow up from Farber, Moshe and Moi:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for joining us for the launch of Love Is Just Damn Good Business!
I was deeply moved by the love you brought and by our collective desire to make San Diego the epicenter for the Love-In-Business movement.
I’ve attached a couple of pics from the evening. May they be a reminder of what we can accomplish together when we put our hearts into it.
As you may recall, I challenged you to go back to work and ask this question:
“How can we show our colleagues, employees, customers, stakeholders, community, etc. that we love them?”
If you’d be willing, hit “reply” to this email and share your experience in answering (or attempting to answer) this question. You can shoot a quick video, record an audio, type something, or use a stone tablet and chisel—your choice.
I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about what you have to say.
Stay tuned for news on our next get-together!
I would like to extend my deep gratitude to the nearly 100 of you that attended our gathering last Friday, putting people squarely at the heart of enterprise and together setting the intention to stand up a LoveBiz movement in San Diego and beyond!
If we had a chance to connect personally, I hope we can deepen that connection and relationship in the coming months.
If we didn’t get to meet yet, I hope to be blessed to get to know you better!
- Our shared vision is aspirational– to shift our community to a love-centered approach to work and life
- Our mission is inspirational– to put these principles into practice and help each other stay the course
- Our values are perspirational– we have to behave into them even when others are pushing back or when no one is watching
We are planning a facilitated group experience to continue this important work within the next month, and in November we will regroup to celebrate the launch of Moshe’s book, The Amare Wave so stay tuned for details…
Finally, so we can stay connected, please join us and invite other kindred spirits to participate and become part of our emerging community at www.ChamberofPurpose.org There’s a Join Us button prominent featured on the landing page and a form at the bottom of every page.
If you would like to promote your Purpose-oriented events completing the Submit An Event section on our Events-Calendar page and we will help you get the word out as well.
Moshe here, author of The Amare Wave: Uplifting Business by Putting Love to Work, due out in November. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to join in the festivities in person, but rest assured I was there in spirit!
I’m so glad we are all joining together to grow this mighty wave, and propel our organizations away from the fear-based “business as war” fighting paradigm, toward a fresh, love-centered approach that lets us prosper greatly.
There’s nothing stronger than the energy of love. Let’s put it work! Please join me next month to celebrate the release of my book and the momentum of us in this together.
Stay tuned for details!
If you are local…
Awaken the Leader Within: LIVE Nov 14-16 2019 in San Diego with Stacey Ellen
Calling all Soulful Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
🌟Get Your FREE TICKET..
It’s time for you to Rise In Your Leadership while living a Purposeful Live.
When you truly tap in to your potential and clear anything standing in your way of sharing your brilliance, abundance and prosperity become possible.
This is an invitation for you grow Your Impact as a Soulful Leader because the word needs your gifts.
Over 3 Days of FREE LIVE Self-Mastery and Leadership Training You Will:
👉🏻Upgrade Your Energetic Frequency & Mindset To Let Go of the Hustle and Manifest with Ease
👉🏻Raise Your Wealth Consciousness to Double your Income and get out of Feeling Stuck or Overwhelmed
👉🏻Become A Leader Who Inspires And Influences Others to Attract Followers and Business with ease
👉🏻Plus much more…
There are a limited number of FREE Scholarship Tickets (normally they are $997).
Trust your intuition and to take inspired action now while they last. It’s time for you to Awaken Your Power and Create More Impact from A Soulful Place. 🙏🏻👊🏻
Click here to find out more and to book your tickets: https://events.staceyellen.com
If there are still concerns if this is a good fit, you can also shoot an email to Stacey’s team and she will hop on a call with you.
Thanks this week go to:
Mehrad N and all my conscious leader brothers
Malcolm A and all our conscious capitalism brothers and sisters
Larry H & Stacey E
and Steve S and everyone in our Chamber of Purpose LoveBiz family!
Please consciously pay it forward…
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NevilleB108
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nbillimoria