Happy Soul Food Friday!
Whether you are just starting your career, been running hard and at risk of burning out, or contemplating the end of life, here is something for anyone along the continuum.
“Wherever we go, There we are”, so a little compassion and a little humor can go a long way to making our journey purposeful…
- Take a 30 Day Compassion IT Challenge
- Sugar Kids Beauty: Georgia’s Teacher of the Year working with Real World Scholars Innovative Platform IS a Thing of Beauty!
- Even The Heart Pumps Blood To Itself FIRST:
- The Last Voyage of the Vollmer Twins Will Give You Perspective:
- New Seniors Exam: Just need 4 out of 10 to Pass…
Take a 30 Day Compassion IT Challenge:
|Join the 30-Day COMPASSION IT Challenge!|
|View this email in your browser|
I’m SO PUMPED to announce a new program we’ve created to encourage people to “compassion it” every day during the month of October.
The 30-Day COMPASSION IT Challenge!
“What makes this challenge unique?” We’ll be using a step-by-step approach to cultivating compassion over the span of one month. We’ll offer daily recommendations of actions that incorporate each of these important steps to cultivating compassion: Week 1 – Mindfulness Week 2 – Compassion for a Loved One Week 3 – Self-Compassion Week 4 – Recognizing Common Humanity Week 5 – Compassion for Our Planet
Is it difficult to register or time-consuming to participate? Nope. We are going to make this super easy for you. A couple of days prior to the start, we’ll send you two PDFs. One will be a calendar you can use as a guide, and the other will include “cheat sheets” of actions you can take each week.
“WHY would I want to do this?” Research indicates that compassion makes us happier and healthier. It FEELS GOOD to “compassion it” every day. Plus, by creating buzz on social media, we’re inspiring others to incorporate compassionate actions into their daily lives. We’ll all use the hashtag #compassionit in our photos, posts, tweets, and smoke signals to get the word out. Remember, the more people who participate and learn about compassion, the more compassionate the world will be.
Click here to join the 30-Day COMPASSION IT Challenge, and please invite others! It’s going to be an unforgettable month of compassion for ourselves, each other, and our planet.
Want to make the world a better place by spreading compassion to as many people as we can? If so, please invite your friends, followers, co-workers, and family members. All you need to do is cut and paste the words below and send them along.
Thank you very much! Sara Schairer
I just signed up for the 30-Day COMPASSION IT Challenge, and I hope you’ll join me.
COMPASSION IT—a nonprofit whose mission is to inspire daily compassionate actions and attitudes—will email us tools and guidance to help us practice mindfulness and compassion during the month of October. And … it’s a free program!
Please invite your friends, too! Let’s work together to make our world a better place.
Feel free to reach out if you have questions.
Compassion It-ly and with gratitude,
COMPASSION IT is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire daily compassionate actions and attitudes. Sales and donations support our compassion education programs.
Copyright © 2015 Compassion It, All rights reserved. Subscribed to list or purchased products from Compassion It.
Sugar Kids Beauty: Georgia’s Teacher of the Year working with Real World Scholars IS a Thing of Beauty!
Kids don’t learn to ride a bike by reading about it, or learn to swim by watching videos of swimming, so why would they learn entrepreneurship any other way than by practicing it?
Real World Scholars have created a platform to do just that, and here are kids that can barely read that have ideated, manufactured, marketed and sold products with current sales of $1,612.40 and more than 115 product sold.
What makes this even more impactful is that the school is 10 percent homeless and 90 percent of the students are on free/ reduced lunch.
You can learn more about them at: www.sugarkidsbeauty.com
Even The Heart Pumps Blood To Itself FIRST:
Time in the bank: A Stanford plan to save doctors from burnout with implications for all of us…
The Last Voyage of the Vollmer Twins
Talk about living life with intentionality…
Click here: The Last Voyage of the Vollmer Twins | Williamsburg-Greenpoint, NY Patch
A New Seniors Exam:
New Senior’s Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass.
1) How long did the Hundred Years’ War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel’s hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI’s first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass.
Check your answers below ….
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years 1337 – 1453
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel’s hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI’s first name? Albert
8 ) What color is a purple finch? Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange (of course)
What do you mean, you failed?
(And if you try to tell me you passed, you LIED!)
Pass this on to your brilliant friends.
Thanks this week go to Sara S, John C, Sean A, Jeff B and Larry H for keeping it real…
Pay it Forward!
You Can’t Take it With You…
Every totalitarian regime is frightened of the Artist.
It is the vocation of the prophet to keep alive the ministry of the imagination,
to keep on conjuring and proposing alternative futures
to the single one the King wants to urge as the only thinkable one.