Happy Soul Food Friday!
21 Tips for a Positive New Year with Jon G:
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. Take a daily “Thank You Walk.” You can’t be stressed and thankful at the same time. Feel blessed and you won’t be stressed.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods manufactured in plants.
4. Talk to yourself instead of listen to yourself. Instead of listening to your complaints, fears and doubts, talk to yourself with words of truth and encouragement.
5. Post a sign that says “No Energy Vampires Allowed.” Gandhi said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet,” and neither should you! Watch This.
6. Be a Positive Team Member. Being positive doesn’t just make you better, it makes everyone around you better.
7. Don’t chase success. Decide to make a difference and success will find you. [ Tweet This ]
8. Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
10. Look for opportunities to Love, Serve and Care. You don’t have to be great to serve but you have to serve to be great.
11. Live your purpose. Remember why you do what you do. We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.
12. Remember, there’s no such thing as an overnight success. Love the process and you’ll love what the process produces.
13. Trust that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
15. Read more books than you did in 2020. I happen to know of a few good ones. : ) 16. Don’t seek happiness. Instead live with love, passion and purpose and happiness will find you.
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. The next time you “fail” remember that it’s not meant to define you. It’s meant to refine you.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Boost your immune system and health. Eat wild salmon, turmeric, blueberries. Take vitamin C, D and zinc.
21. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
How will you make 2021 more positive?
The Mask of Character with Dr. Ed DeRoche:
While our coping strategies are as varied as our personalities, here are ten of the typical masks we wear, with two more of consequence!
30 Vintage Images from the Nat Geo Archives that Will Captivate You!
30 vintage images from the Nat Geo archives that will captivate you (nationalgeographic.com)
Live What You Love!
Get the Clarity and Actionable Steps to Live Your Dreams in Your Career & Life
Free 5 Day Live What You Love in Your Career and Life Journey 1/25-1/29 with Marcy Morrison.
Register for free here:
Live What You Love Journey – Career and Life Coaching (careerswithwings.com)
Happy New Year. May you and yours enjoy the wonders of the world, know peace and a long life!
Thanks this week go to Jon G, Larry H, Ed DeR, Peter S, Chris B, Marcy M and Soul Foodies everywhere!
“At the heart of learning organization is a shift of mind – from seeing ourselves as separate from the world to connected to the world, from seeing problems as caused by someone or something ‘out there’ to seeing how our own actions create the problems we experience. A learning organization is a place where people are continually discovering how they create their reality. And how they can change it.” — Dr. Peter Senge