Happy Soul Food Friday!
A follow up from the Mother’s Day Fancy Dress Swim to combat Malaria
By the looks of it, these moms had an exhilarating experience doing good and celebrating motherhood!
“No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.”— Plato
Some of you were inspired last week by Peyton Goddard.
I even heard from one fellow soul foodie that she and her mom taught Sunday School with Dianne Goddard and that Peyton would attend.
This link of Peyton’s speech along with her therapist is inspirational, insightful & humbling and allows us to see how both the teacher and the student bring out the best in one another
“Great is EACH!”
If “your attitude determines your altitude” this little guy can’t help but make you smile…
Our attitude toward life defines not only who we are, but the quality of life we will have.
Anything bugging you today?
Doesn’t seem so bad anymore, does it?
“Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain”.
Want to know and overcome the 6 Enemies of Greatness and Happiness?
Feeling a little snarky?
Here is a little wit with spit…
- Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
- I’m not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.
- I’m in shape. Round is a shape.
- I’m desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
- Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
- I’ve always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
- Ever notice when you blow in a dog’s face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window.
- Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but going faster is a maniac?
- You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 now and we have no idea where she is!
- I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.
- One out of every three Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of two of your best friends. If they are OK, then it must be you.
- They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you’ve got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn’t your biggest problem.
- Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it’s because they’re such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.
- A lady came up to me on the street, pointed at my suede jacket and said, “Don’t you know a cow was murdered for that jacket?” I said, “I didn’t know there were any witnesses. Now I’ll have to kill you too!”
Ready for some Magical Photos?
Finally a bit of levity, as laughter is a good tonic for the soul